Ryan Duquette, Hexigent founder and former investigator with the Peel Region Police, co-presented a webinar with Above Security called "The Anatomy of a Phishing Attack" on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. The webinar covered:
- Why Phishing Attacks are so Successful
- How the Cybercriminals Deploy and Execute the Scam
- The Challenge to Stopping the Attacks
- How Phishing has Linked up with Ransomware to Siphon Billions
- The Anatomy of a Phishing Attack
Phishing attacks account for the vast majority of all cybercrime and is by far the most lucrative. Tens of millions of phishing emails are sent annually, and because of the improved sophistication of both the appearance and technology of the messages, users are being tricked more than ever. Malware researchers estimate that 30-50 million of these e-mails are opened annually, and that number will grow – unless we get educated to better understand how to thwart their attacks.
You can watch the video on Vimeo.