Hexigent was built from several decades of tech crime policing and enterprise cyber security consulting experience. This unique combination brings insights and perspectives on cyber crime and cyber security that lets us deliver fast, focused digital investigations and practical, effective cyber security guidance that keeps our clients safe and happy.
With offices in the Greater Toronto Area and Vancouver, we can provide services rapidly throughout Canada, and have the right investigation, consulting and technical skill-sets necessary to uncover the evidence and to help you protect what matters most to your business. We're one of the only licensed private investigation agencies in Ontario focused on digital forensics and cyber security, and some of our team members are licensed private investigators who hold Level II Canadian Security Clearance.
Hexigent’s leaders are both investigators and digital forensic examiners, but historically each with a different focus. Ryan has a long history of solving technology-based crimes for law enforcement. Jason has been providing cybersecurity and digital investigation consulting services to private and public sector clients for nearly three decades.
They both saw a need for a streamlined digital investigation and cyber security focused company to exist in the Canadian market; one who's core principles focus on helping their clients effectively and efficiently, void of other distractions.
Ryan Duquette - Founder and Principal
Ryan is passionate about digital forensics and with helping others from being victimized. During his time in Law Enforcement he worked on hundreds of digital forensic and fraud related cases. Ryan took his zest for “focusing on the facts” from those days and founded Hexigent to help clients with their digital investigations. He is a presenter at international conferences, and teaches digital forensics at the University of Toronto.
Jason Green - Principal
Jason has more than 25 years experience working in digital investigations and cyber security. He's driven by a desire to help organizations and individuals be secure and, when incidents happen, to get to a meaningful set of facts as quickly as possible. Jason has led investigations and digital forensic, incident response, and cyber security teams in North America and Europe, while supporting clients in multiple sectors around the world.
Steve Wilson - Managing Director
Steve has many years of experience providing digital forensics, cyber security, economic crime and risk mitigation strategies. Steve is the current President of the Vancouver Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and recently launched a Graduate Certificate Program on Forensic Investigation of Fraud and Financial Crimes at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Steve heads up Hexigent's Vancouver office.
Want to know more?
We have industry certifications including:
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner
- CFCE – Certified Forensic Computer Examiner
- CEECS – Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- EnCE – EnCase Certified Examiner
- A+ Certification
- CAS – Certified Anti-Terrorism Specialist
- CFCI - Certified Financial Crimes Investigator
- CCE - Certified Computer Examiner
Our team members are also Directors or members of:
- ACFE - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- HTCIA - High Technology Crime Investigation Association
- IACIS - International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists
- CPIO - Council of Private Investigators of Ontario
- ACAMS - Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- ISFCE - International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners
- IAFCI - International Association of Financial Crime Investigators